Monday, January 30, 2017

Lima (San Gregorio) Peru - Week 2

Hola mi familia y amigos! Como estan? Well just finished week 2 in this transfer. I went by super-fast! A lot happened this past week! Wow it is hard to type in English after talking in Spanish all the time. Almost every week I am typing and on accident I slip in a Spanish word. And then I’m like, oh wait that’s not right and nobody is going to understand. Well it’s just getting hotter here..... I’m sweating just sitting here typing, but it’s worth it.

Well I forgot to tell you about my companion this last week. His name is Elder Granda. And he is from Ecuador, the capital city. Which right now I can’t remember the name of it. He has about 20-21 months into the mission, and let’s just say that he is a little "trunky". That’s a mission term that we have for people that are just thinking about home, their girlfriends (haha not in the case of my comp...(; ) and their desire to work is a little below the standard.. But I've been whipping him into shape. Haha mentally and physically. But we get along so it’s all good!

We had a baptism this past weekend. Or I should say that my comp had a baptism this past week, because I had transfers and came here and they were going to have one and I did nothing with teaching him. Haha but I did have the opportunity to baptize him. Only because my comp said, “choose him, he has more power to clean you from your sin." And the kid was like "really, yeah I want him to baptize me." Haha it was funny.

We had a lot of really great lessons this past week. A lot of potential with our investigators.

We hiked up a hill today for our Pday. We had a really good view of a part of Lima. I was able to see all three of my areas from this hill. And yes you all can be proud of me repping the BSU shirt in Peru! Well I hope that your week is good and I love you all!

PS have fun in the cold!

Elder Farnsworth




No comments:

Post a Comment