Monday, January 9, 2017

Lima (Santa Anita Ward) Peru – Week 5

Woah what a week! Haha a lot of things happened. I went to the doctor and had my ingrown toenail fixed.... Yeah we`ll get to that a little later..... We`ve actually found some people to teach this week! I teach an English class every week. And one week left in this transfer.

Yeah so my toenail.... Let’s just say that it’s an experience that I never want to have again. Well first I was very skeptical because it was like in some lady’s house. Not like a doctor’s office. And so I was like ok.... Um are we sure this is the right place. So I went in there and the doctor looked at my toe and was like “yeah we better do something about that." And then she was like we should probably numb it up with Anesthesia." And I was like yeah sounds like a good idea. I was expecting shot. And let me tell you I got the biggest, worst, most painful shut in my life... The needle was very thick and she stuck it in not joking like over an inch underneath my toenail. When she jammed the needle in my whole body tensed up, I was gripping on to the arms of the chair (probably left marks from my fingernails), and I probably screamed out a little. And when she started injecting it I felt it leaving the needle into my toe. And then it got even worse... I started feeling like I was going to pass out. I started to lose my vision, I was sweating like crazy and I had a really bad headache... And then after like no joke a minute she pulled out the needle. And started having me drink sugar water so I wouldn’t pass out. I was on the verge of passing out.... She said that my face was as white as my white shirt. And after about 25 minutes of just feeling awful I finally came back to sense. And she was like "wow most of the Americans pass out when I do this." Haha so the moral of the story is to never have an ingrown toenail.

Yeah so after 5 weeks with my comp here in this area we have found some decent people to teach. I have a lot of hope with them! But sorry.... I don't have a lot of stories in specific to share this week! One man, Oscar, that I was teaching in my last area got baptized this past week. He overcame his addiction to cigars and was able to be baptized.

Yeah so I forgot to share with you all a couple of weeks ago that I am a teacher now. And it’s a lot harder than you'd think. I'm the English teacher in my zone. Every week we have a district meeting and the first hour is English class. It is super hard to teach. Haha I have a hard time speaking English at times, because everything is in Spanish here. But it’s also hard when people are goofing off and not paying attention. Haha now I know how hard it is to teach. And sorry to all of my teachers for those times I didn’t pay attention. I have a lot more respect for them now. But it’s also been good to be able to see the people that want to learn progressing and learning more. And it’s also helped me with my Spanish.

Yeah it’s super crazy that there is only one week left in the transfer! It seriously flew by. I’m surprised how fast it went, because it’s been probably one of the harder that I've had.

Yeah so the pictures. I attached some of my new house. My missionary tan lines and haha I forgot the others.

I hope you all have a lot of fun in the 2 feet of snow in Boise! I love you all and talk to you next week!
Elder Farnsworth
Tyler's reaction to the news about 4 snow days in Boise
Bedroom

Bedroom and study area

Kitchen

Study Area

Bathroom with hot shower
Annie

Missionary tan lines

English Teacher Manual

after surgery

toe bandaged

Tag Picture
Elder Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment