Monday, January 16, 2017

Lima (Santa Anita Ward) Peru - Week 6

Hola! Woah! What a week! It flew by! I can't believe that this transfer is over! And I have transfers! Oh and I want to tell you more about the baptism that I talked a little bit about last week! Well it’s a little sad that I'm having transfers and leaving the area after only one transfer here because all of the investigators that my companion and I found, I won’t be able to teach them up until their baptisms.... But I have confidence that my companion will get the job done!

Oh yeah, my investigator got baptized in my old area like 2 weeks ago! He was an investigator for a year. He's what we call an eternal investigator. I had the opportunity to teach him for about three months. He had an addiction to smoking cigars and he couldn't be baptized until he had quit smoking for 30 days. He had a really hard time doing that. His family was baptized about a year before he was. So with my comp we changed up the teaching a little bit. We focused more on his family and that they can live forever together, but they we're waiting on him. Then the next lesson we taught was the Word of Wisdom. I was basically really up front with him because he'd been an investigator for a long time and he wasn’t progressing. We told him to really think why he wanted to stop smoking and if he could do it. He said that he didn't think he could do it, so I gave him this scripture:

  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Then I gave him a date to stop smoking and he did it! What an amazing experience it was to participate in helping him come to the waters of baptism. It’s a testimony to me that we really can do anything through Christ who strengthens us.


So the pics I have attached are..... One is at five in the morning to go play soccer.... Another is in the night after playing soccer; let’s just say I was exhausted this day. Packing my things to have transfers... A huge pain to do... Haha I probably have too many things. And then me after packing. And a picture of me playing pool today.

Well I hope all is well and have a great week in the cold weather! (;
Elder Farnsworth
Getting up at 5am to play soccer
Tired Missionary
Packing for Transfers
Done packing. YAY!!!
Playing pool on P-Day
Best Friend Annie Tag Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment