Monday, October 31, 2016

Peru - Week 7

Hola! Wow I can't believe that today is Halloween! Time has been flying by. I remember 1 year ago today like it was yesterday. Haha it was a cold, rainy, muddy and a kinda disappointing day. It was State Cross Country up in northern Idaho. I think the worst part about it was that I didn't get to go trick-or-treating because I was sitting in a car for about 9 hours.... Wow I still can't believe that was one year ago. But that’s ok because my President said that we get to go door to door tonight and knock on them. It’s a little different than the normal trick or treating. Instead of saying trick-or-treat we get to say ¨Hola nosotros somos misioneros por la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimas Dias pero mas conzen Mormones." The sad thing is they probably won't give us candy, but what we have to share with them is better than candy. Well this week like every week is full of adventures and experiences!
First, I got a new companion! His name is Nicolas Baltazar. He's pretty cool! He is from Arequipa, Peru. He is the new district leader. He has been on his mission for 8. I´m really looking forward to being able to work with him. What comes with a new companion is having to teach him the area and that’s a little difficult. We had a lot of trial and error with things. Which for most of the time turned out to be good because we'd run into old investigators or members who want to help us. Lots of little "tender mercies" to help me out. I definitely wouldn't be able to do this without your prayers. So thank you!
Oh and we caught up with Jerson this week after his baptism. What he said I'll probably never forget. He said thank you for changing my life. If you wouldn't have taken the time to help me I wouldn't have changed and a bunch of other things! It was amazing! All of the bad experiences and hard times are all paid off because of experiences like this.
I’m not quite used to the cold showers yet, so I tried to heat the water with a match. It didn’t help much.
Well that’s all for this week! I hope you have a great Halloween and week! I love you all!!

Elder Farnsworth

New Companion - Elder Baltazar

Mission Buddies

Water Heater

No comments:

Post a Comment