Monday, November 7, 2016

Peru - Week 8

Well this week I had a lot of firsts. Some good and some bad! We did a real live practice to get rid of fear, I felt my first earthquake, I got super super stressed and I ate Guinea Pig for the first time.
Yeah so what do you think we went to do to get rid of fear? Something that causes the most fear of course. We got on a bus with like 50 plus people on it and we had to contact the whole bus..... Yeah let’s just say that my heart was beating out of my chest! But once I got started it wasn't bad. But the thing that they were trying to prove is that fear is the only thing that holds us back from sharing out message. And we have fear because we have a lack of faith. So I learned somethings that I need to work on. I learn new things everyday on how to be better.
The earthquake was scary! Even though it wasn't very strong, it freaked me out! Apparently we've had 4 in the past week and a half. All with a magnitude of 4. But I've only felt one of them. I guess its normal here to occasionally have a small one, but not 4 in the span of a week and a half. And I guess in the news they're saying that because there has been so much activity below the surface, a big one could happen at any time. So that’s pretty comforting to know that......
Oh yeah the stressful days..... That wasn't very fun. Just so many things happened and I was sick with a cold on top of it. Almost all of our appointments fell through; I couldn't find house and just small stupid things that built up. But I'm all good now!
So I had Guinea Pig for the first time. It was good but not as good as everyone said it was... It was like fish and chicken. But I'm glad that I've had the opportunity to have it! It’s the thing on the bottom of the plate.
Well not a lot this week sorry.... Next week! And I'll have more pictures! I hope that all is well back in the States! I love you all!!!
Elder Farnsworth
PS: Depending on who wins the election tomorrow decides on whether I come back to the States after the mission!

Guinea Pig - not bad, not great
Friends and some laundry in the background
 

No comments:

Post a Comment