Monday, October 3, 2016

Peru - Week 3

Wow what a week! From almost being hit (by a car, bus and a motorcycle), almost being eaten by several dogs, having the first investigator compliment my Spanish and having the opportunity to watch all 5 sessions of General Conference.
Not gunna lie, the first part of the week kinda sucked.... I had my first door slammed in my face. Not a lot of that happens here because everyone wants to talk about Jesus. Or is what most will say is "Estoy ocupado" (I'm busy) and then we convince them that they have a minute to let us talk and give them a pass along card. But not a lot of success this week.... But that’s ok! Other weeks will be a lot better!!
Yeah I wasn't joking about almost getting hit by all of those things. I have a near death experience everyday with them. Because you never know what they're thinking. It’s not like in the States where they always yield to you. The buses here weave through traffic like the motorcycles do back at home. And yes dogs do try to eat me every day. But then I use my Book of Mormon to motion that I'm going to hit them and they typically back off after that. There are literally dogs everywhere here. And they're not pretty dogs. Most of them are really ugly.
I was so surprised when that person said I had good Spanish! I think they were just trying to be nice. But I really have noticed a difference. It’s getting better but it still has a long ways to go!
Conference was amazing! For those of you who don't know what it is, every April and October all of the leaders of our church (Prophet, 12 Apostle and other leaders of our church) hold General Conference. There are 5 sessions over Saturday and Sunday. They talk about what we need to work on, teach us more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and every single talk was inspired. They were all amazing! I found something in every talk that I can apply to my life. And when you're a missionary you see conference differently. You look for things that can help your investigators. For example, we had a person who knows the Book of Mormon is true and knows the church is true, but doesn't believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet. And there was a perfect talk about Joseph Smith that we're going to share with him. And many other examples! It was just simply amazing.
I cleaned our bathroom for the first time in probably 3 months.... it was disgusting.... But it’s a lot better now!
I'm going to attach a photo of part of our area to show what our area is like. It's about 6km long and half of it is on a hill. Haha and the picture of the guinea pigs.... Those will be dinner in a couple weeks! I'm excited! Everyone says they're really good! Yesterday I had chicken foot soup...... I think it’s pretty self-explanatory of what it is.... I think a lot of people have been praying for me. Because I know that there is no way I would have eaten that without a lot of prayers. Well that’s all for this week!
I love you all and hope you have a great week!!
Elder Farnsworth
Clean bathroom - It looks much better.

Area where I serve

Guinea Pigs - Dinner soon

No comments:

Post a Comment