Monday, April 30, 2018

Lima (Surco) Peru – Week 1

Oi! Bom dia!

Haha I've been able to learn a few words in Portuguese this past week! It has been a really good last week! I'm really excited to be here and I know that we're going to help lots of people here! It's also really fun because the 2 DL's here are some good friends of mine. One was my old comp Elder Fagg and the other is Elder Mortenson, who I lived with in Manchay. So, we have lots of experience here in the zone to have lots of success! We're looking like we'll have an amazing month of May here!

In this last week I was privileged with the opportunity to go back and be in the baptism of La Molina Vieja, where I was just at! It was an amazing experience in so many ways. So, you remember that convert from Manchay that I was telling you about last week? Well he had been helping us teach these people that got baptized on Saturday, and one of them asked him to baptize them. So, he was able to baptize his first person! So that was awesome! I'm so happy that he was able to do that! The 2 people that we baptized were a father and son. The mom was baptized years ago in Venezuela and the 2 other kids are listening, but they're going to take a little longer. But I know that they'll get baptized! 

I was also able to go to one of the Hermana’s baptisms here in the zone. We got a last-minute phone call from them saying that they needed someone to baptize this kid because he only wanted an Elder to do it and he decided that last minute. So, we had to drop everything that we were doing and go, because all the other elders in the zone couldn't do it. But the good thing is that he was baptized and then on Sunday confirmed.

Well I hope that all the weeks keep going this well! And I hope that you all have a great week! The pics are from the baptisms and from some converts from LMV. The pic with the converts also has a kid that was leaving on the mission the next morning, so he spent his last night with us! Well that's all! Have a good week!

Elder Farnsworth







No comments:

Post a Comment