Monday, April 9, 2018

Lima (LaMolina) Peru – Week 16

Aloha!

Haha I thought that I might change it up a little by saying that instead of Hola. Well I hope that this last week you've all had was as good as mine was!

This last week was a really good week here in our area and we were able to see several miracles! It really has been one of the best weeks of my mission. Because of several different reasons. First off, we were able to take some of our recent converts to the temple to do baptisms for their ancestors and they loved it. And it was a very spiritual experience for all of us. Another miracle for us was that my comp and I were planning on Friday, and we were saying that we really needed to start looking for the end of this month and for May. That same day a recent convert that was accompanying us and took us to a reference and she completed with all of the filter questions and accepted a date for the 5th of May. I really think that if she progresses quickly she can be baptized in the month of April. We need more people for this month so that we can reach our goal. In the moment when we extended the date to her we had people all ready for this month, but they fell through. We also were able to find a family of 5 that we contacted and visited in the same day. They accepted a baptismal date for the 5th of May. And I think that they were so receptive to the Gospel of Jesus Christ because the mom is a member. So, we have 2 more people that my comp and I need to find to reach our goal of 7. I am confident that with the help of the Lord we can find them and get them baptized this month. I feel so blessed to be seeing all of these small but significant miracle here in our area! And there are so many more that I can't even begin to count.

We are not only seeing miracles here in our area and zone, but in the whole mission. We are doing things that have never been done before and we are helping more people come to a knowledge like never before. The work of the Lord is accelerating like never before. All of this is happening to prepare us for the second coming as President Nelson said in conference! And we should all feel so grateful to be alive in these moments to participate in what it says in Moses 1:39 "For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

Well I hope that you all have a great week! And the pics I have are of the recent converts in the temple!

Elder Farnsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment