Monday, April 23, 2018

Lima (LaMolina) Peru – Week 18

Good Morning,

This last week has been a very good week in the best mission in the world! My comp and I were able to have some baptisms to finish off the transfer strong! We were able to help Marcia and her daughter Valentina get to know the Gospel and be baptized. Her other daughter that is 9 decided not to get baptized, because she’s has more friends in the other church that they were going to. So, I would give it a little bit of time and she'll get over that and want to be like her older sister and mom. I am so very thankful for the opportunity that my Father in Heaven has given me to be in this ward. It is honestly amazing! I love it so much. I am even more thankful that I was able to be an instrument His hands to help others come unto a knowledge of His Gospel. And to see how members of this ward act instantly to help others in need spiritually or even temporally. This has given me a very clear example of how missionaries and members should work together. I am very grateful for having the opportunity to know the converts of the church here. They are some of the strongest converts that I know and a few of them want to go on the mission. So that is super amazing! Oh, and something that just came to mind right now is that one of the converts from Manchay, where I served before, has been accompanying my comp and I several times a week. He is working with his bishop there in Manchay to get his papers ready for the mission and his goal is to try and leave at his year mark of being a member. So, that is absolutely amazing. I remember the day when my comp and I contacted his house and he looked like he was less than pleased that we were on his doorstep, but something prompted him to let us in. After a long process of gaining a testimony he was baptized and now he wants to go on a mission. So that is amazing how the spirit works in people and changes them. Now moving on, last night we received the call about transfers from the assistants.... And well I have transfers. I will be going to a Zone called Surco and my comp will be Elder Silva, he is from Brazil. So hopefully I will be able to learn some Portuguese. He also knows English and his Spanish is very good! Although I am sad to be leaving this area, I am very excited for what lies ahead! In the pics that I'm sending are some from our baptism and from the night that we were without power. So, we went back in time and used candles! Well I hope that you all have a great week!

Elder Farnsworth




No comments:

Post a Comment