Monday, February 5, 2018

Lima (LaMolina) Peru – Week 6

Well last night we received the transfers for the next 6 weeks. And it’s going to be a great transfer. My comp Elder Fagg will be leaving tomorrow to be a DL, train a newbie from the MTC and open area. Haha so he'll be pretty busy this next transfer. And I will be receiving Elder Roberts from Utah I think. And I'll be training him to be a ZL. So, it’s going to be a great transfer. I got to know this Elder a long time ago in another zone and he's a cool guy. So, we're going to have a fun time together and work hard!

This last week was crazy! It flewwwww buy! But it was such an amazing one! I was able to learn a lot! In the leadership counsel we were able to present our zone goals and then see what the mission goal was going to be! Let’s just say that this month is going to be an amazing one! The goal that we have as a mission is 263! That is the biggest goal that I have seen in our mission! And we are all very excited to do our part to reach the goal. I really think that it’s possible to reach it. I also had my "trunky training" as they call it. I had a slap of reality to the face. Haha it helped me recognize that I need to think and plan for the future after the mission. Because right now I have everything that I need. And I don’t need to worry about anything except for complete my duty as a missionary. But after I need to work, study, live on my own and after that raise a family. But now after that training I have a 5-year goal set with lots of different things. And as I strive to do that I'll be able to be more successful and be on top of things. The other thing that I realized is that even though I have 4 transfers left in the mission. It’s going to go by fast and still have a lot that I need to learn and do! There just isn't enough time to get everything done. Unless we get up early... So, I hope that my new comp likes getting up early.

We were also able to find some great new people this last week. And they are part member families. Most of the time the PF's are the ones most likely to progress. Not always, but most of the time. The biggest difficulty of our area here is that 1. the people are a little wealthier and they are set in their ways and don't want to change anything, 2. they say that they’re going to follow through with something and then don't do it. And those are the biggest. But this transfer will be different. I know that we'll be able to help the people progress that we have. This is going to be a transfer with a lot of fasting and prayers. Because as we involve the Lord in every step of the way we'll see miracles!

The pics are of my group at the training I went to. Dinner that we had last night with some members. She made lasagna and it was really good. It is the 2nd time that I've had it in my mission. They all know English. They both studied in BYU. The other pic is of my church right now. It’s my favorite one. Well have an amazing week! I love you all! Thanks for all the prayers!

Elder Farnsworth







No comments:

Post a Comment