Monday, February 26, 2018

Lima (LaMolina) Peru – Week 10

This last week has been another great week here in Lima even though it has been super hot! I feel like it would not be too bad if I didn't have to wear around a shirt and tie with slacks. Haha yesterday we walked about a mile up a slightly inclined road. When we got to the top of where we were going I was sweating a lot. We got to our ward mission leaders house and he thought that I was going to die, and I did too! But I made it through! I’m really ready for it to start to cool off, but that won’t be until about May. I drink about 3 liters of water a day and I'm still often thirsty.

This was another great week here and we were able to see more miracles here in our area! So that excites us and helps us have the drive to continue looking for more of them. We were able to advance a lot on the lessons with this family of 4 that we have. Three of them attended church and the mom had to work. She is trying to get her schedule changed because right now she works every other Sunday. She can still attend but it would be better if she can get it off. I have complete confidence that they'll get baptized in March. So that will be 4 baptisms. And we also have 2 others that I would call 90% fijos. They are the 2 kids that are in the family that is being reactivated. They are also really great. We visited them last night and we gave them a specific baptismal date for the 17 of March and they both accepted it without any doubt. They are progressing really well. So just between my comp and I we have 6 baptisms that are very fijo.

Yesterday the stake that I am serving received a new stake presidency and so the President of the area was there, and he gave a very good talk to all of us. To sum up in just a few words what he said was that depending on how converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ we are is shown through our home teaching visits and through our fast offerings. Because as members of the church we are often very obedient to the commandments, but it’s the things that we do to make personal sacrifices that shows how converted we really are!

Well I hope that you all have a great week! Here are some pics from the last week.

Elder Farnsworth



No comments:

Post a Comment