Monday, February 5, 2018

Lima (LaMolina) Peru – Week 7

Well this past week was another amazing week here in the mission. We had transfers and my new comp Elder Roberts came. So, he is from Kaysville, UT, is 20 years old and he has 11 months in the mission. In the pic that is attached he is the one in the front. I can already tell that this transfer is going to be a really great one! We will be having lots of success here as a companionship and as a zone!

Well to start off this week we had transfers and they normally end at about 1-2 in the afternoon. Haha well this time they didn't end until about 8pm.... Let’s just say that there was a little problem with the bus and the schedule. But It all ended up well. We made it to our area to do 1 appt and then we went to dinner and then home. Now, here in the mission, we can stay out proselyting until 10:30pm which is awesome because we can now visit more people. Lots of the people here in Lima don't get home from working until late at night so we were never able to visit them but now we can. That makes it so we go to bed at 11:30pm and get up at 7:30am. I really like this new change!

Just like last transfer my comp and I were able to give a training at the new leaders training. So, we prepared that and gave it. Then it was a pretty good rest of the week. This week we'll be doing slits with 3 of the areas. So, it'll be another crazy but great week!

My comp and I were able to see a bunch of miracles this past week which was awesome! In reality, they happen every day, but one must be adjusted to recognizing them. That is something that I have been able to improve on in the mission. I encourage all of you to look for the small blessing that the Lord gives to you in everyday of your life. So back to the story, my comp and I were planning in the night on Friday and I remembered an old contact that we had about 4 weeks ago. The first time that we went to his house about 3 weeks ago he wasn’t there and then we just kind of left it at that, until I felt like we should go and look for him. We ended that planning with a prayer and asked that all these people would be in their houses and willing to let us in. So, the next day when we went to his house we rang the doorbell and he came down and immediately let us into his home and he remembered me even though it had been a while. So, we started teaching them and at first the wife looked like she wasn't too happy that we were in her house. But then as we started talking it all changed, and she enjoyed the visit. We were able to teach them most of the Restoration and we invited them to be baptized on the 10th of March and they accepted. They were able to attend church as well and we have an appt with them on Thursday. I'm really happy that we are able to visit this family. I know that as they do what we invite them to do they'll come to a knowledge that these things are true. So, this experience was one of the bigger miracles that we were able to see. And there were many, many more.

Well that's about all for this week. The pic is a breakfast that we had before a zone counsel. Have a great week and I love you all!

Elder Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment