Monday, January 29, 2018

Lima (LaMolina) Peru – Week 5

This last week was an amazing one! It was a historical week for us here in the church. I hope that all of you were able to hear the big announcement that the church had for us. Because of the passing of President Monson, the new prophet was ordained, President Nelson. It was interesting to hear about how a new prophet is called, because in almost everything else in the world there is a campaign, but that is not how God works. It is in an orderly manner that everyone can understand. The person with the longest time as an apostle becomes the next prophet. Here is the pic of the new first presidency.


This last week I also hit my last 6 months mark! That's crazy! I can't believe it!

And this is the last week of the transfer! This was the transfer that went by the fastest out of them all!!!!! I can't believe it! And this last week will be the busiest of them all. Today we went to an optional training from a very successful man here in Peru. He gave us the secrets on how to be successful. It was very inspiring! And helped me open my vision on what I want to do after the mission. Tomorrow we have district meeting in the morning, Wednesday we are going to do a zone attack in one of the areas in the zone (its where we go with the whole zone to an area that needs help finding new investigators and we contact in force in a specific spot to receive references for that area), Thursday my comp and I have leadership council, Friday the people that have 18 months in the mission go to a training which will last to 6 in the night, and then Saturday we have weekly planning. So, it’s going to be a full week.

We had a little more difficult week in our area. We have basically had to drop most of the people that we're teaching because they weren't progressing. So, we are basically starting new. But we have lots of faith that this week we're going to find lots of chosen investigators. I'm super excited to see what this week will bring us.

Some of the pics are from last Pday. We went to an awesome sister in one of the other wards, who reminded me lots of Grandma Glo, who made us lunch. And she lived in San Francisco for a long time working in a restaurant. So, she made us chicken pot pie! It was sooooo gooooood. I almost never ate that before the mission, but it tasted so good. And then a cool pic of 2 guys cleaning the roof of the temple today, and a pic from this morning. We went to president’s house to exercise and eat breakfast. It was fun. But I'm going to be sore tomorrow because I'm sooooooo out of shape.

Have a great week! I love you all! BYYYYEEEEE

Elder Farnsworth








No comments:

Post a Comment