Monday, May 29, 2017

Lima (Manchay) Peru – Week 1

Hola! Como están? This week has been really crazy! My new comp is called Elder Gallegos and he is from Puno, Peru. He has like 5 months left in the mission. This week has been a great week! I love my new area and my new comp! I am really excited to be able to work here. Haha there is a lot of dirt here. But I have hope that there will be a lot of people interested in the gospel here. My comp has been doing a pretty good job leading the area, but he has struggled with it a little. But I understand because he has little time in the mission. I came here and we had a lot of people with baptismal dates. But most of them aren't even that interested and aren't progressing. So we have dropped them to use our time with more wisdom. Because if we are wasting our time with people that aren't progressing what is the purpose? So we dropped them, but we have found a few new great people with a lot of potential that this week I feel like we need to invite them to baptism. And we'll see how it goes from there. But the struggle that we have here in Manchay is that it is hard to find people to accompany us. So we had quite a few appts fall because of this. And the way in the past that the missionaries got people to go with them was that they bought them a hamburger..... I don't want to buy them hamburgers. And I feel like that isn't the way to get them to come with us. This hasn't really been a problem for me in some of my other areas. Haha so it'll be interesting to see how it goes. But I’m really excited to be here and to be helping in the work here!

I was reading the talk from President Monson this past week and I want all of you to read it. It is my favorite talk from conference this year. If we all do what this talk says, we will be able to have more happiness in our lives.

My dear brothers and sisters, I greet you most warmly as we are met again in a great general conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Before I begin my formal message today, I would like to announce five new temples which will be built in the following locations: Brasília, Brazil; greater Manila, Philippines, area; Nairobi, Kenya; Pocatello, Idaho, USA; and Saratoga Springs, Utah, USA. This morning I speak about the power of the Book of Mormon and the critical need we have as members of this Church to study, ponder, and apply its teachings in our lives. The importance of having a firm and sure testimony of the Book of Mormon cannot be overstated. We live in a time of great trouble and wickedness. What will protect us from the sin and evil so prevalent in the world today? I maintain that a strong testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and of His gospel will help see us through to safety. If you are not reading the Book of Mormon each day, please do so. If you will read it prayerfully and with a sincere desire to know the truth, the Holy Ghost will manifest its truth to you. If it is true—and I solemnly testify that it is—then Joseph Smith was a prophet who saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. Because the Book of Mormon is true, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s Church on the earth, and the holy priesthood of God has been restored for the benefit and blessing of His children. If you do not have a firm testimony of these things, do that which is necessary to obtain one. It is essential for you to have your own testimony in these difficult times, for the testimonies of others will carry you only so far. However, once obtained, a testimony needs to be kept vital and alive through continued obedience to the commandments of God and through daily prayer and scripture study. My dear associates in the work of the Lord, I implore each of us to prayerfully study and ponder the Book of Mormon each day. As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven’s help in our lives. I so testify with all my heart in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Well have a great week! I love you all!

Elder Tyler Farnsworth 🙂
Elder Gallegos

My new area - Manchay

Lots of DIRT 

No comments:

Post a Comment