Monday, November 28, 2016

Peru - Week 11

HOLA!!! BUENOS TARDES! COMO ESTAN USTEDES? YO TENGO ESPERANZA QUE USTEDES ESTAN BIEN! And that’s about all I know in Spanish! Haha JK! Well one more week has come and gone! It was kind of sad because they don't celebrate Thanksgiving here and they also don't have Black Friday...... Well not a super interesting week! The highlight was on Tuesday when we went to the Temple. Oh and when I got an amazing care package from my mom! It has a little Christmas tree and everything! I’m really grateful for it! I'll share a few experiences from the week.
Haha I had a really weird and creepy experience...... My comp and I were walking and it was about 8pm. And this lady walked passed us and tried to brush her hand across my face and said "Hola mi amor," (“Hello, my love”) yeah...... It was scary. And then we saw her again another night and she said “Como esta mi baby." (How are you my baby”) Haha so it was funny and creepy.... She's like 50 to make it that much worse.
My little fan club of the girls still loves me. And always want to talk to me in English. And always when I walk past them they say "hello hello hello goodbye goodbye" They say it like 10 times! Haha it’s pretty funny!
And this week I also learned a ton from my studies in Preach My Gospel and the Scriptures! I really a section in PMG that I want you to read! It’s in the first chapter and it’s called "How the Gospel Blesses Families." I think it has some very important things in there that are applicable to all of us! And also a great scripture in Matthew 21:21-22. It talks about faith. I want you to all go look it up! It’s great!

The Gospel Blesses Families
The message of the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families. Because of the Restoration we understand God’s purpose for families: “The divine plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave. Sacred ordinances and covenants available in holy temples make it possible for individuals to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally” (“The Family: A Proclamation to the World,” Ensign, Nov. 1995, 102). “The most important of the Lord’s work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own homes.”–President Harold B. Lee
On earth, family associations can be the source of some of our greatest joy. Satan is attacking the family on many fronts, and too many families are being destroyed by his efforts. The message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ makes it possible for families to be united now and in eternity. By living the principles of the gospel, families can experience peace, joy, and a sense of belonging and identity in this life. Through the light of the gospel, families can resolve misunderstandings, contentions, and challenges. Families torn by discord can be healed through repentance, forgiveness, and faith in the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. “Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities” (Ensign, Nov. 1995, 102).
Strive to find and teach families—a father, mother, and children—who can support one another in living the gospel and eventually be sealed as a family unit by restored priesthood authority.

Matthew 21:
21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Well I'm doing great! And I hope that you are all doing well! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! And as we start the Christmas season, remember the true meaning of it. I'll explain more about that next week! HASTA LUEGO!!!!!

Love Elder Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment