Thursday, September 8, 2016

Mexico City CCM - Week 5

¡Hola! This was a really slow week! So not a lot to talk about.. Nothing really exciting happened. We learned more Spanish and learned how to teach. We're all just focused on leaving for Perú on Monday! We leave Mexico City at midnight and land in Perú at 6 am... And I can´t sleep on planes so it’s going to be a very long day! But it’ll be worth it! I am super proud of myself! Over the course on my time here in Mexico City I have gained 15 pounds! And I finally broke 150lbs for the first time in my life! But I'm not fat! I've gone to the gym everyday and lifted weights for about 20 min and then played soccer for the next 40 min. I have tried to gain weight for years and it finally happened! But I'm probably just going to lose it all in Perú because I'll be walking so much! Oh the other thing that I'm proud about is I happy to say that I am fluent in Spanglish! I can understand most Latinos if they speak slow enough. But when they speak fast the only thing I can understand is the first and last words of the sentence. Everything else just slurs together. It’s amazing though how much I've learned in such a short amount of time! I had my first complete Spanish conversation with my teacher. The hardest part about Spanish is the conjugations for all for the verbs. Especially irregular ones. They make life really difficult! It’s just all pure memorization. But other than that it’s pretty easy. On Tuesday night we had a devotional by D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles. It was really good! He said a quote that I really liked by David O. McKay, "It’s better to be trusted than to be loved." That's so true and especially in the mission field. Being trusted by your mission president is what I hope to gain someday! Because if he can trust me then I know that I am doing something right. The topic of his talk was Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts. It was really good! I actually stayed awake during that one. Because some of the speakers that we have is like listening to spa music that just puts you to sleep..... Ha-ha maybe I shouldn´t have shared that.... But for the most part I stay awake during the devotionals. It’s hard because they're really comfy seats and the lights are dimmed..... Oh and last night we had the fiesta of a lifetime in our house last night. We went to the store and bought a bunch of stuff. In the picture attached. We celebrated making it through the CCM. So that was a lot of fun! We also had sewing lessons from a Hermana in our district. But I didn't need it because I have a great mom who already taught me! So that happened this week. Sorry it’s a little dry and boring.... Next week I'll have a lot to share because of getting to Perú and my first week in the mission field! I love you all and I hope you have a great week! Talk to you soon! Love, Elder Farnsworth
Sewing lesson from a sweet Hermana.
Soccer Injury
Private Stash
District Fiesta to celebrate almost being done at the MTC
District "Tag" photo

No comments:

Post a Comment