Monday, June 25, 2018

Lima (Surco) Peru – Week 9

Buenas tardes,

This has been a good week. I just had my last interview with President Amato where I presented to him my goals and plans for my life. So that was great. We were able to talk, and I learned a lot and gained more confidence for what I am going to do with my life. So, I am really excited about that. 

During this last week my comp and I were able to start teaching some new people. It really was a miracle that we found them. Because she was waiting for the bus when we contacted them. The bus showed up and we still hadn't gotten her contact info from her and this bus comes by about every 15 min and she had to get to work in Miraflores. So, my comp went and tried to stop the bus from leaving by talking with the driver. And then the light turned red, so we had some more time to talk. We got her info and made an appt with her. When we got to her house her, her sister and parents were there waiting for us. So that was cool. We started to talk and then the dad started talking and from what he was saying it seemed like he was going to stop everything because he is from a different religion. But then he kept talking and said that his kids are welcome to keep listening and join the church if they want. Because they stopped going to the church that the parents are in. He just wants that his kids are in a good place doing the right thing. Then the mom started talking and said that we were an answer to her prayers. She had been praying that her kids would follow God in their lives and make good decisions so that their family could be more united. So, the mom was very happy that we found her daughter and were talking with them. She even said that if she sees a change in her kids, its more than likely that her and her husband join the church. And I know that they will. if they just do what we invite them to do, I know that they'll recognize that this is where they need to be. Then both daughters said that they were looking for change in their lives. I know that we were put in the right place at the right time. This was my miracle of the week.

Well that’s all for this week. I don’t have any pics this week. Sorry... Next time!

Elder Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment