Monday, June 18, 2018

Lima (Surco) Peru – Week 8

Buenas Días,

Well another good week has come and gone by really fast! All the days just fly by, I can't believe it. We had a pretty successful week! We were able to have the baptism of Nestor. He is the guy that I told you about that came up to us in the church while we had the meeting with the stake and mission president. He was baptized in about 2 weeks. Another blessing and miracle from heaven. He had the happiest look on his face after his baptism and confirmation. I know that he will be a leader in the Church. He has all the capability to do that. Especially when he can go back to his native country of Venezuela. He is great guy.

I think that I can honestly say that the worst part of being a missionary is when you have a person that knows everything, says he has a testimony, knowing that he has felt the spirit and still denying being baptized because they're "not ready, needs to know more, later" and on and on..... Its sooo sad. Because they are losing blessings. Not just them but also their family. Sometimes I just really don't know how some people just don't understand the need that they have to make these covenants with God in their lives. Its honestly heart breaking. Because they just keep saying later, even though they know. I remember before I came on the mission and I heard RM's say that and I didn't quite know what they meant. But after the time that I now have in the mission I understand. But the even better feeling in the mission is when people do make the decision to follow Jesus Christ in their lives and make covenants with him. Because the lives of these people are forever changed! Because it really is awesome to participate in the process of change that these people make in their lives.

Well that's all for this week! The pics are from the baptism and from a park we went to last Monday. Have a good week!

Elder Farnsworth






No comments:

Post a Comment