Monday, June 4, 2018

Lima (Surco) Peru – Week 6

Hello, how are all of you doing?

Well last night I received the last transfer call of my mission. How sad, but at the same time exciting. I found out who will be the one to kill me, in missionary terms, it’s going to be my Brazilian comp. Elder Silva and I are going to stay together. So, it’s going to be a lot of fun! We have a lot of work to do here before these 6 weeks are done. We are going to do what’s never been done before. I know that the Lord has been preparing lots of people here in our area and in the zone.

This last week was a great week! I what to share with you some experiences that we had on Wednesday. To prepare for this day my comp and I fasted and on top of that we prayed and felt prompted to invite President Amato and the stake president to fast as well. Because we were going to have a meeting with them to talk about the stake. During that afternoon we were able to find lots of people to teach. And as we were waiting outside of the stake center for President Amato to arrive a man came up to us and was looking for "Elder," and I thought that he was looking for the other elders that are there because I had never talked to him before. Because the office of the lima south mission is in the church where we meet. So, we showed him where they were at and I forgot about it for about 3 min until those elders called us and said that he lives in our area. So, we went and talked to him and he had said that we had called and asked to meet with him at this hour, but we had never talked with him, so we had a lesson with him. Wow he is so chosen. What a blessing it was that God put him is our path. He accepted a date for the 16 of June and he came to church yesterday. And he loves what he is learning. So, after that quick visit with him we had our meeting and it was very spiritual. We were able to receive divine revelation to help the work of the Lord progress in the stake. Then we went to an appt with President Amato. He was able to help us get a person to commit to be baptized. He has been an investigator for years. His family are all members. His daughter lives in the stake and is sealed. So, he will be getting baptized this month. It is so amazing the power of fasting and prayer. I have learned the real purpose of it here and I have seen so many prayers and fasts answered. Before the mission I didn't understand it at all, but now I have a strong testimony of it.

Well I hope that your week goes well! Talk to you next time!!!!

Elder Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment