Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Lima (LaMolina) Peru – Week 2

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO! NO PUEDO CREER QUE YA ES 2018! EL AÑO PASADO PASÓ TAN RÁPIDO! QUE ESTA PASADO CON EL TIEMPO????

Well this last week has been a good week to end 2017. Because what is better than doing missionary work? I seriously can't believe that I spent all of 2017 here in Peru! I remember last new year’s like it was yesterday! This last week just like every week flew by, busy doing things every day. But I honestly love it. I have learned so much and am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be here. Because this is truly the best mission in the world. I don't even know where to start with all the things that I have learned and experienced in this last year that'll shape the rest of my life. Because a lot of the things that one learns, and experiences can't be expressed unless you have experienced them. So, all the RM's know what I'm talking about.

Well one of the things that my comp and I did last week was go to the monthly leadership counsel of the mission, where all the ZL's, sister leaders, assistants and president talk about the mission. And one of the things that we did was show the work plans and achievements of the zone from the month of December and then share the goal and work plans for January. So, in this last month here in our zone we achieved our goal of baptisms and confirmations (8/8). So, we were very excited about that. The goal that we made for Jan is 12/12. And we are very excited for that because this zone typically doesn’t baptize a lot. There are lots of miracles happening here and lots of good people to work with. 

We have a lot of investigators that we're working with here! We could either have a really great month here with my comp, or it can be a good month. We have lots of potential here! Like lots! Everyone always told me that this zone/area is really hard because it is rich. But, it is really great and I'm loving it. It’s like the US a little. You can see that in a pic that I have attached below of the car, because you don't see that type of car in a poor area.

Pics for the week, the first is from my Skype last week with the fam, then a pic of the zone (minus 2 people), then the snacks my comp and I bought for new years and then our Pday food! Thanks for all you do for me, and I hope you have an amazing 2018!

Elder Farnsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment