Monday, November 27, 2017

Lima (San Luis) Peru – Week 15

Hola!

Well I hope that you all enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving. Haha because that doesn’t exist here. We worked just like any other day. I had honestly forgotten that it was thanksgiving until somebody told me that it was during district meeting. To me all the days are the same. They all blur together. The only days that are different to me are Sundays and Pday. But this last week was really great. We were able to have 2 baptisms and that was really awesome. That investigator of 8 years finally got baptized!!! Haha it was about time! So, he and his son were baptized together. It was a very exciting day because there haven’t been baptisms in this area since May. Other than those baptisms we were able to see miracles here as well.

We were able to get back into contact with an old investigator that now is ready to be baptized. We were teaching her about 2.5 months back, but she didn’t progress because she needed to get married. She wasn’t so sure that she wanted to get married with this man. So, we stopped visiting her for a while. Then last week she came to church and we made an appointment to go visit her. We got there, and she said that she made the decision to get married, so she can be baptized before the end of the year. She already has her wedding papers, so we are very excited about that! Hopefully we will have another baptism before transfers come!

As a mission we have a new way of doing our daily planning. To be more specific of people we want to contact and the specific streets that we will be walking down during the day. That way we can find “escogidos” which means chosen investigators. They said we should have fun with it and the people we want to contact. So, my companion and I did that. We put on our daily planning to find a dwarf in the street at 9pm. Most of the people are short here, but I had never seen a dwarf. So, we did our prayer asking specifically for the people that we had planned out to visit and the people we wanted to find in the street. We left our house that day with faith and waiting for the different people we had planned for. We found every single one of the people that we had planned for, even the dwarf. That is the first one I have seen in Peru. So, I know that prayers are answered all the times that we ask with faith. So, I invite all of you to pray always with faith for the things that you need in your lives and you’ll have cool experiences like this.

Bye and I hope that you have an awesome week! I love you all!

Elder Farnsworth



No comments:

Post a Comment