Monday, November 6, 2017

Lima (San Luis) Peru – Week 12

Hey how are all of you doing? Well let’s just say that this last week was a very long trying week for us here in San Luis. But we made it through alive. But it was a good week as well! We did a lot, but we had very little results. And the week ended with transfers. Well actually they'll happen tomorrow. So, let’s start with some of the things that happened this week.

Well to let you all know our investigator of 8 years didn't get baptized. He was at the point of being baptized. It didn't happen because he can't complete the law of chastity. He said that he wasn't living together with his woman, but later we found out that he still lives with her in the same house, just in different rooms. The house only has 2 rooms, but that’s not good enough to count. He doesn't want to marry her, but he also doesn't want to kick her out because she has nowhere to go. So, we're sad about that and we've done everything we can with him. Now it all depends on him and we told him that. So, if anything happens there I'll let you know.

We also had about 90% of our appointments fall through.... So that means we contacted more trying to find new people. Let me tell you how almost every single contact went. “No, I’m busy, come another day." Ok when can we come? "Oh, idk I’m never home" and then they shut their door. If I had $1 for every time I was told that this week. I'd be very rich right now. Ha-ha sometimes I just have to take a moment and laugh it off, because after a while it gets really old. But that’s how it is sometimes.

Like I said there will be transfers tomorrow. I will be staying in my area and I'll receive a brand new missionary from the CCM. He's white and he'll be my first one here in Peru. It’s going to be great! I’m really excited!

Well the pic is of my district! Have a wonderful week! I love you all!

Elder Farnsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment