Monday, November 13, 2017

Lima (San Luis) Peru – Week 13

Well this last week was an amazing week her in San Luis! My son and I had lots of success this week! So now that I know my son, I'll give you a little more info. His name is Elder Myers and he is from Fresno, California. He is 18 years old. He officially has almost one week in the mission field. He knows a lot more Spanish than I knew when I came to the mission. He has a lot more confidence than I had and he is really cool! I'm still really excited that I have my first American companion. I've always wanted one and he finally came to me in the form of a son.

This week was a very good week here and in the district. With new elders there is new excitement to work. Which is awesome! That is what lacked last transfer, but now the new elders are working hard! Here in SL we now have 4 with baptismal dates and we're very excited about that! There should be 2 on the 25 of November and 2 on the 16 of December.

Well good/bad news with our investigator of 8 years. The last time that we talked to him we basically dropped him because he wasn't progressing. We were just playing the game of he was going to get baptized and then he wasn't. So we told him that until he could complete the law of Chasity we wouldn't be able to visit him. He said yeah that’s fair because I've been saying I would do it, but then never completed it. We said when you get you can keep it, let us know. So, he came to us on Sunday at church and said that he could be baptized because he and his woman that he was living with officially separated. So that is good/bad news, but we will keep you updated. I hope all goes well with this!

We also invited 2 new people to baptism. They were very excited that we invited them and they came to church without us picking them up. They live at the top of the hill that we have in our area!

The pics from this week are of the day when Peru had a soccer game, I was cheering for them. Since it is summer here my missionary neck tan is coming back. NOOOOOO….. We went back and visited that llama today and with my new comp E' Myers! Well I hope you all have a great week! I love you.

Elder Farnsworth

Elder Myers
Peru wins again!
Missionary Neck Tan
Llama


No comments:

Post a Comment