Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Lima (San Luis) Peru – Week 9

Hola como están este martes? Un poquito raro que estoy escribiéndoles in martes y no lunes. Es porque ayer estuvimos haciendo un actinide de servicio en un hospital de niños. Fue lo maximo!

Haha that’s enough Spanish now. It’s nice every once in a while, to speak in English. Because after living with 3 Latinos and talking in Spanish all day everyday it’s just nice to talk in my native language. Maybe 1 or 2 times every day I talk in English, and it’s when I call one of the ZL's to ask them something and if I’m helping someone learn English.

This week was a little harder and kind of disappointing. Because our investigator that we have that was going to get baptized today won't be baptized today. Every time that he will be baptized something happens that keeps him from getting there. I feel really bad for him. He lives in a tiny room with 4 kids and his almost wife (if they get married). We'll find out. And our other person that has baptismal date didn’t come to church because he's still working........... He wants to get off work, but he is afraid to talk with them. We're trying to help him with this. I really hope that he can get the courage to do it. Idk if he is afraid of losing his job or what. But I think that this week we'll do a practice with him to help him.

This week we won’t have church in Peru. We all will be staying in our houses until 5pm because they will do the national census that day. So, it'll be a pretty low key day. We'll basically have 2 pdays in a row!

Yeah so yesterday we helped with something that’s called Operation Smile in a kid’s hospital. But at the same time, it’s sad to be there. To see all the kids with these conditions. But it was a good experience. And we got a lot of free stuff. So, it was a win win for us!

This last Friday I finished the Book of Mormon in the Spanish language. It was a great moment. Not only because I was able to finish it again, but to feel and gain a stronger testimony of it. My goal was to finish it on my grandma's birthday. I know she was smiling in heaven. I invite all of you, just as our beloved prophet has done, to read the BOM every day. It will change your lives!

Well, have a great week and I love you all!

Elder Farnsworth
Operation SMILE


No comments:

Post a Comment