Monday, October 9, 2017

Lima (San Luis) Peru – Week 8

Hola!

Well another week has come and gone. It scares me sometimes at how fast the time goes by. Even though some days feel like an eternity when you're walking and contacting without success. Even with days like that the time is very fast. But this last week was a very good week! We were able to have a lot of lessons, contacts and success. We now have 3 people with a baptismal date! SO, we are very excited about that. The things are finally starting to turn around for my comp and I! Hard work, lots of fasting and praying is finally starting to pay off.

The investigator of 8 years I think will finally get baptized and married. We're working on the wedding plans for this Saturday and his baptism for the next Tuesday. He wants to be baptized on his birthday, so we are very excited about that. We also started to teach one of his kids. He is 31 and he is very good. He was telling us about what made him want to listen to us. He feels like he needs to have more of a spiritual connection in his life. He wants to do that so that he can be happier. He is a cool guy. Very chill and relaxed. I feel like he'll progress quickly.

The other person that has a baptismal date is also great! He is super cool. But his problem is that he works every day. Even Sundays...... and he's having a hard time getting it off! He really wants to get it off so that he can come to church! Other than that, he is progressing. He always reads what we leave him and has super great questions!

The pics that I have are of one of my favorite foods that I've eaten here, it’s called tallarines verdes: Its super good! And then a pic of a street here and a last-minute pic because I know that my mom wants a pic of me every week! Well thanks for all the prayers and support! Have an amazing week!

Elder Farnsworth
Tallarines Verdes

Street in my area
Hi MOM 

No comments:

Post a Comment