Monday, September 11, 2017

Lima (San Luis) Peru – Week 4

Buenas Tardes, how are all of you doing? I hope that all of your weeks were excellent! Because every week here is amazing!

Well this last week was a very busy one! I had district meeting, splits, a multizone conference with president, and a huge conference with Lima South and a few general authorities of the church. It was a pretty great week and it flew by! It was a very spiritual week!

Our meeting that we had with president was awesome! I learned a lot and we had pizza which was a nice add on. One of the things that I really liked from this was what Sister Amato said to us. She shared a scripture from Matthew 16:25 with us. Which says "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." She applied that to the mission and how we need to be focusing 100% on what we're doing and we need to do it with a good positive attitude! When we do that we'll be able to find people to teach and help them. So the commitment she left with us was to forget ourselves and get to work.

Then in our conference on Saturday with some general authorities I learned a ton! I wish that you could have been there! It was an amazing experience. We were able to go up and greet all of them personally! There are a lot of good thinks that were said, but I'm going to focus on what Elder Oaks said. He is actually a pretty funny guy and he has a very powerful thundering voice. So he started out by saying "Mis queridos hermanosy hermanas.” I thought oh wow he knows Spanish. “That’s the Spanish part of my talk and now I'll finish in English." Something else that was funny was when he was called as an apostle he said he had lots of doubts and questions. So he said “In that moment I just decided to read the whole standard works to find my answer." Haha who just gets up one day and decides to read the Bible, BOM, D&C and the PGP? That’s a lot of pages to read! So we all laughed when he said that. One of the things that he focused on was the Holy Ghost and how we're all witnesses of Jesus Christ. As we know the Apostles are special witnesses of Jesus Christ. He said the only difference between us and himself is that he travels the world testifying of Jesus Christ. We should all be witnesses of him where we live. And a whole lot more.

Well I hope that your weeks are great! My pics are with my comp, my new Peru shirt and 3 of my friends from the Mission.

Bye I love you all!

Elder Farnsworth
My Companion - Elder Villagra

Made in Peru barcode shirt

Mission Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment