Monday, June 26, 2017

Lima (Manchay) Peru – Week 4

Hola! How has everyone’s week been? This week here was really good, except for the fact that I got sick...... Being sick and being a missionary is very hard to do, but it all just adds to the experience. So we had transfers on Tuesday and I received a new companion. His name is Elder Peña. I'm finishing his training like I told you last week. He is from Cusco, Peru, so he will be my connections with Macho Picchu when we come back. He's a cool kid, but he is also a little weird. I guess we're all a little weird. This week was a little more difficult than the rest of the weeks, just because people used the excuse that oh this weekend is father’s day. We would say but today is Wednesday and father’s day isn't until Sunday, but they'd make more excuses. Then Sunday was like any other holiday in the mission. Oh sorry we're doing family things.... But oh well. This week will be better. We also had the problem of getting people to accompany us to do visits. We're also looking into changing our house, because it is literally just a dark damp cave. So that is probably why I'm sick.... we're looking for one to change because this house sucks. I think that it might be worse than my first house and that was awful. In this past week we had some baptismal dates fall because they didn't keep their commitments with us. That is always really sad, because they're not progressing and most likely we will have to drop them.

Well that is all for this week! The picture is with my new comp. Haha yes he is a redhead!

Elder Farnsworth
Elder Peña

No comments:

Post a Comment