Sunday, April 30, 2017

Lima (San Gregorio) Peru – Week 14

Hola! Que tal? Well this week flew by and I don't know where it went! It feels like it was Pday yesterday. The time seriously just flies by! Well ok where do I start.....? Well something really cool that normally doesn't happen happened! After not having a lot of new people these past couple weeks, this week was pretty good. But the best part is that they're 2 complete families! This is really hard to find! But they are super great! They have a lot of potential. Just need to work with them and they need to do their part and pray to know if these things are true. But they truly are amazing! Hmmm what more happened this week....? Really other than those families. Sooooo... Hmmm what to say...

Oh yeah! This week I went on splits with one of the assistants! His name is Elder Acuña. He is my grandpa in the mission. Because he is my trainers trainer. I went to his area. Wow let’s just say that it was a great day! I was able to learn a lot from him on how I can become a better missionary. There are always things that you can improve! I also had my first hot shower in more than 3 months! This was really nice! I also know what a great missionary should be because he is a great missionary. He really is just one of the nicest people that I've met. He’s always trying to help other people. He is what I would call a consecrated missionary. So those things that I learned I’m applying so that I can become a better missionary and see more miracles and tender mercies of the Lord.

Here is something that I like from the Ensign this month that we can learn from. It’s an excerpt from the talk of President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
The Rabbi and the Soap Maker
There is an old Jewish tale about a soap maker who did not believe in God. One day as he was walking with a rabbi, he said, “There is something I cannot understand. We have had religion for thousands of years. But everywhere you look there is evil, corruption, dishonesty, injustice, pain, hunger, and violence. It appears that religion has not improved the world at all. So I ask you, what good is it?”

The rabbi did not answer for a time but continued walking with the soap maker. Eventually they approached a playground where children, covered in dust, were playing in the dirt.

“There is something I don’t understand,” the rabbi said. “Look at those children. We have had soap for thousands of years, and yet those children are filthy. What good is soap?”

The soap maker replied, “But rabbi, it isn’t fair to blame soap for these dirty children. Soap has to be used before it can accomplish its purpose.”

The rabbi smiled and said, “Exactly.” "

So what can we learn from this? We need to truly apply the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives to make a difference. Because it'll always be there just like the soap, but it depends on us if we truly use it for the good that it has. So I challenge all of you to truly apply the gospel in your lives to make a difference not only in your life, but also in the lives of others! And here is the rest of the talk for you to read!
https://www.lds.org/liahona/2017/04/the-just-shall-live-by-faith?cid=HP_MO_17-4-2017_dPFD_fLHNA_xLIDyL1-A_&lang=eng

Well that’s my letter for the week! I love you all and have a great week!
Elder Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment