Monday, April 10, 2017

Lima (San Gregorio) Peru – Week 12

Wow what a week! Lots of great things happened here! It was one of the best weeks of my mission so far!

Well I'll start with the Vasquez family! After lots of time and hard work, they were married on Saturday morning! The sad thing is that I wasn’t able to attend...... I had another meeting I had to attend. But, we were able to stop by after and take a picture with them! They were so happy that day and so was I! This day was nowhere close to as awesome as Sunday when they were baptized! What and amazing experience! They were baptized and then later confirmed! Let’s just say that the Spirit was super strong during their confirmation and then even stronger after during the sacrament. I feel like on Sunday I really understood the significance of the sacrament and how we can apply it to our lives because I was thinking a lot about baptism and a bunch of other things. Haha I don’t exactly know how to describe it. Feelings are something that you can’t really describe. But it just strengthend my testimony of the atoning sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ. Especially during this time of year with the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ, it is something really important that we need to understand and apply in our lives.

We also had the baptism of Hodary on Saturday! This was also was really amazing! It doesn't matter who it is, when someone makes the decision to follow the example and be baptized it is something amazing! Especially when they are as young as she is. The world is really bad these days and young people don’t normally participate much in religion. But, she made the decision on her own to be baptized and she's the type of person that'll stay active in the church! Hopefully, she will make the decision to serve a mission!

Haha and something that I found really funny was when we went to visit the Vasquez family in the night. She told me that she was very impressed about my feet. And I was like what? And she said well when I saw your feet at the baptism they were so white and clean. And I was like well I take great pride in my clean white feet! Haha I had no idea that white clean feet were such a cool thing! But after this we talked with them more and now their goal is to be sealed in the temple in one year! I'll be able to go because I'll still be in the mission! I’m so happy and excited for them!

Like I said earlier, this coming Sunday is Easter. The church put out a video for Easter that I watched and I think is super great. I want all of you to watch it! Here is the link:
https://www.mormon.org/?cid=HP_SU_9-4-2017_dMIS_fMORG_xLIDyL1-A_
I hope you all enjoy it! Well have a great week! Oh and I have one more transfer in my area with the same comp! Well this is the first time that I'll have the same comp for 2 transfers! Haha we'll see how it goes!

Hasta Luego!
Elder Farnsworth

Passion Fruit
Service Project
Vasquez Wedding
Vasquez Baptism
Hodary Baptism




1 comment:

  1. Very well done Elder Farnswworth. Will continue to pray for you. Congratulations to the Vasquez family and to such a beautiful young girl -Hodary has made a great decison. Thanks for sharing such special pictures.

    ReplyDelete