Monday, August 14, 2017

Lima (Manchay) Peru – Week 12

Well this week finished up and so did the transfer. Tomorrow I will be leaving for my new area and I'm really excited! I'll be going to an area called San Luis and I'll be a district leader there. So it'll be a very busy transfer with splits, phone calls and meetings. I´m very thankful for the opportunity that the Lord has given me.

Well my last week in Manchay was really good. We had some great lessons and we taught a couple great new investigators. We taught an 18 year old girl that asked us questions that made our heads spin... She is really smart when it comes to the bible and had some really difficult questions. We´d be explaining somethings and then she´d ask, “Where does it say that in the Bible?” So we had to teach the entire lesson out of the scriptures. Everything we said we had to back it up with scriptures, but it was really great. Lessons are so much better when the people interact more and ask questions without us having to ask.

A sad thing that happened was that we were going to have a baptism this last week, but it fell through... In the last 2 weeks we haven´t been able to get a hold of her. So hopefully after I leave the missionaries will be able to find her and help her get baptized. Wow I can’t believe that my time here in Manchay has already come to an end. It has gone by so fast. I feel like it was yesterday that I got here, but really it was 3 months ago. It is crazy how fast the time goes by. My comp and I also did a lot of contacting this past week because we had 2 days where every single one of our appointments fell through.... Contacting when it’s cold and windy and when you´re sick with a cold is absolutely amazing. Haha so we had some fun with that. When you´re contacting all day you start to get a little bored so you've gotta make it a little fun by playing games. Like having to say a weird word or stuff like that. It makes the time go by a little faster. If you don´t contact you won’t find any new investigators. So it is absolutely necessary to do it always.

Well it has been a great week and it’s going to be a great new week. I'm really excited for my new area and calling. Here are some pics from my birthday and from the barber shop where we always got our hair cut. Well, have a great week and pray for me in my new area and my new calling because I'm going to need it.

THANKS AND I LOVE YOU ALL.

Elder Farnsworth

Birthday Cake
Happy Birthday Elder Farnsworth
Barbershop

No comments:

Post a Comment