Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Lima (Manchay) Peru – Week 9

Hola! Well this last week has flown by! Haha it was so fast that I don't even know what to write! Haha I'll find something interesting to write about!

Well something really cool that we had this week was a lunch in our zone with our new President and his family. That was a really fun to be able to meet and get to know them better. I had my first interview with him and his wife and we were able to talk and get to know each other better.

During this last week we were able to talk to our investigators that need to be married. Which was good, but they have no idea how or where to start to be married. At least they have a desire to be married! We finally ran into one of our investigators for the first time in 2 weeks. It was awesome because he was going to be baptized about 2 weeks ago, but then disappeared off the face of the earth. On Sunday night we got a call from him that said he was in his house and was wondering if we could come and visit him. Haha right after he called us we were on our way to his house. We also visited him yesterday in the morning and he'll be baptized this Saturday! While we didn't have contact with him, he was listening to missionaries in another part of Lima. He is seriously so cool. After the third time that he went to church he came and talked to us. He asked if he could teach one of the classes the next Sunday and we asked why. He said because the teacher in the priest quorum class is so boring.... and I know that I can teach better than he does! So we told him to talk to the bishop to see if he could. The bishop said that after he was baptized he could teach! So he's really excited to have the opportunity to teach.

We also taught the mom of a member in the church. She has now come to church 3 times and finally accepted a baptismal date for the 13 of August. My comp and I are really excited about that. We have been seeing a lot of miracles here in our area! I’m so glad that I'm able to be here in this area.

Well this is all for the week! Have a great week! I love you all!

Elder Farnsworth

Since Tyler didn't have any pictures to share I am adding a couple from the past week that I took.

Flat Tyler traveled with me to the National Boy Scout Jamboree in West Virginia. He met lots of people and was the topic of several conversations. While there I was reminded of an experience we both had at the 2010 Jamboree. Here's the blog post I made that day.

August 1, 2010: Sunday evening there was a Fireside with the General Young Men's Presidency. Tyler got to go up on stage in front of several thousand scouts during President Beck's talk and he committed that he "Will Serve a Mission." He received a gold dollar coin for sharing with the group. After the meeting Tyler said, "This was the best day ever."I'm so happy to report that he followed through on his commitment six years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment