Thursday, August 18, 2016

Mexico City CCM - Week 2

¡Hola! ¡Buenos Diaz! This past week I have been so spiritually blessed in so many amazing different ways. First lets start with going to the Mexico City temple last week! The entire trip was amazing. The ride was about 45 min long even though its about 10 miles from here. The traffic here is absolutely terrible. But that gave me more of an opportunity to see the city! But i have to say that we are extremely blessed to live in Boise. As amazing as it is, nothing will ever compare to Boise! It will always have the number one place in my heart. OK back to the story. We were driving down a street and the temple comes into view and its the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It´s a gigantic, marvelous, astonishing building. It stands out so much because its extremely white and clean unlike all the buildings and houses that surround it. But the inside is even more beautiful!Go look up pictures of the inside. http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/mexico-city-temple-opens-to-the-public The artwork and the feeling you get while you're in there is indescribable. Its 3 stories tall!! It has escalators inside. I had no idea that they'd have those in there. And on top of the temple is Moroni. But whats unique about this one is he is holding the gold plates, he is bigger than most too. And from what I was told, there are only five temples in the world, that have him holding the plates. The next spiritual highlight was Sunday. Everyone loves Sundays because they are so much more relaxed than the rest. The highlight was the evening devotional. We watched 3 videos. But the one that really got to me and most people was about the Saviors Atonement. It showed us of the end of his life, the atonement, Crucifixion and Resurrection. I think its called the Saviors Earthly Ministry. Its an older video. The feeling I got was indescribable. Then after that we shared our testimonies with our districts. I felt the spirit the strongest I've ever felt it. I know without a doubt that Jesus Christ died for each and everyone of us. And that he is resurrected and lives today. This excites me so much!! I am super excited and blessed that I get to share this knowledge with the people of Perú. Right now I'm reading a book called Our Search for Happiness by M. Russell Ballard. Its spectacular! I encourage all of you to read it. I also finished the Book of Mormon this week. So now I'm going to restart in reading sided by side with a Spanish copy. I don't remember where I heard this from, but if you can read the BOM in a foreign language. Then you'll be able to speak fluently. Its going to take a long time, but I'll finish it! My Spanglish is getting better everyday. My goal is to be fluent in 6-8 months! Its going to be hard, but i know that I can do it! I can't believe that on Sunday I'm at the half way point in the CCM. The days are just flying by. Probably because we're busy all day long. Here is my typical daily schedule.
6:30 Wake up and prepare for the day
7:15 Breakfast
7:45 Personal Study
8:45 Language Study
9:45 Demonstrate Teaching
10:15 Coaching (where our teacher helps us with anything)
11:15 Class BOM Study
11:45 Prepare Lesson
12:15 Lunch
1:15 TALL (technology assisted language learning)
2:15 Language Study
3:25 GYM time
4:45 Daily planning
5:15 Companionship Study
5:45 Dinner
6:30 Language Study
7:30 Fundamentals of Missionary Work
8:30 Progressing Investigator (practice teaching the lessons in Spanish)
9:30 Return to House and personal time
10:30 Lights out
I love you all and hope you have an amazing week! I look forward to hearing form you next week!
Elder Tyler Farnsworth
I'm headed to Peru Lima East Mission
Mexico City CCM District
Angel Moroni with Gold Plates
Mexico City CCM Dining
Mexico City CCM Bedroom
 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome details that he thinks of to share. Awesome testimony.

    ReplyDelete